2008 Oct 07 23:53

Re: [vox-tech] Local laptop repair?

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 08:09:49PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > A friend of mine just told me that he's got a laptop that's 'making a strange'
> > noise, and he's having difficulty even unscrewing the thing.  Is there a local
> > repair place (or perhaps someone here in LUGOD) who could assist?
>
> http://daviswiki.org/Computer_Repair

I HIGHLY recommend the Solano Computer Guys. They are in a little mall just off the freeway at Dixon.

They are literally a Mom&Pops store. Husband and Wife and Husband and Wife with a couple of their kids working there also.

I love them because when they say "computers" they really mean computers. Not "Oh Im sorry we meant Windows". Ive taken them Suns, and Commodores, and Linux, and Windows, and build requests. Not sure how much they do with laptops but they weem willing to try anything you want.

They have been great to me in all aspects. I cant say enough about them and cannot think of a "but" or "except".

Not sure what area is covered by the wiki but Id request they be added there also.

1160 Pitt School Road, Dixon
(707) 678-8855

Gandalf  Parker