2008 Sep 22 18:13

Re: [vox-tech] Video problem with Ubuntu Server install

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 05:02:38PM -0700, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> Yeah, looks pretty bad, dunnit?
>
> But that doesn't explain why some of the text is scrambled. The whole
> point was: there's nothing wrong with the monitor. If it was a monitor
> problem, the login prompt might be distorted, but how would it be
> substituting letters?

My Dell Inspiron 1525 does some pretty crazy stuff when I jump from X down
to a normal text terminal.  All of the characters seem to 'warp in' from the
right.  The photo Jeffrey showed looked kinda similar.

Now... my problem goes away after 1/2 second.  So haven't looked into why,
or if it even matters.

*shrug*  I hate computers.