2008 Sep 22 10:04

[vox-tech] Video problem with Ubuntu Server install

[vox-tech] Video problem with Ubuntu Server install

It starts up in text mode!

... But that's not my problem. I just wanted to see how many I caught
off-guard. :)

Seriously, this is what happens when I boot:

http://www.nonken.net/images/console_problem.JPG

See those shadowy bits? That's not reflection, that's what it looks
like, except the bits are kind of crawling in circles.

And oh by the way, it's sitting at the login prompt.

It's a C&T 69000 on-board video processor with 2 meg of memory. Hardly
an exotic card. And it works fine otherwise, it just seems like Ubuntu
is kicking it into a mode it doesn't support.

Here's my dmesg: http://www.nonken.net/images/console_problem.txt

Google doesn't tell me much; most people seem concerned with X issues.

Any hints? Clues? Advice, other than "throw it away and get a real
system?" Jeez, I just want to run Subversion, TikiWiki, and a bug
tracker, I don't need a powerhouse. Why is nothing ever that simple?