2008 Sep 15 19:24

Re: [vox-tech] play DVD with mplayer

That's a video output driver problem, not a codec problem.  Did you
change video cards around the same time you upgraded to Hardy?  Anyway,
I would suspect that if you're getting the errors below, you can't play
any video with mplayer.  Two things: try appending '-vo sdl' to your
command line (and take a look at the section on the -vo flag in the
mplayer man page for other options).  Also, maybe if you posted the
contents of your ~/.mplayer/config file (if any exists).

Matt