2008 Sep 04 13:25

Re: [vox-tech] Running 64 bit Ubuntu

Brian Lavender wrote:
> What are people's expierence running 64-bit Ubuntu?
>
> brian

Great. Occasionally something won't be available in 64bit (Like Flash
for a long time) and you either need to compile it yourself or run the
32bit version with forced architecture or via a 32bit chroot(I prefer
option 2)

It's really the only way to go if you have 4GB of ram or more, and it
seems kinda silly to not keep up with the cutting edge. I will admit I
did 32bit on my new laptop so I wouldn't have to do any work arounds,
but that's only because my work machine is time critical. I plan to
convert it in a year or two when I feel the time is right. I've been
running my desktop on 64bit since Ubuntu 4.10.

Alex