2008 Aug 18 07:28

[vox-tech] Fwd: Re: Using doxygen to generate man pages

Cameron posted from a non-subscribed address..

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:04:26 -0700
From: "Cameron Tully-Smith" <cameron.tullysmith@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Using doxygen to generate man pages
To: "lugod's technical discussion forum" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

   Bill,

   Can you send the doxygen config file?  Are you using the code tags or HTML
   only?

   Cameron

   On 8/16/08, Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net> wrote:

     I'm getting myself familiar with doxygen, and it's working fairly nicely
     for HTML output, but I'm unhappy with the man pages it generates.

     It generates a manpage for each \page and \subpage I create, which I
     guess
     I could deal with my marking them as \htmlonly.

     However, unless I set MAN_LINKS=on in the doxygen.cfg file, I _don't_
     actually gets man pages for any of the functions that my one .h file
     lists.  If I _do_, then I get man page links for _everything_ (including
     the To-Do list generated by \todo tags, every #define and typedef I
     described
     in doxygen, etc.!)

     Is there an easy way to get a middle-ground?  I don't want to dump man
     pages about "max", and "color" and "todo" on a user's system... I just
     want pages for the few XY_foobar() and XY_bazzap() functions my library
     provides. :)

     Thanks in advance,

     "Tux Paint" - free children's drawing software for Windows / Mac OS X /
     Linux!

   Cameron Tully-Smith
   Software and Systems Integration
   cameron.tullysmith@gmail.com