2008 Aug 08 14:07

[vox-tech] grabit

Is anyone here familiar with a windows app
called grabit? I is used to view and download
from binary usenet groups.
My wife has been using it and it totally hoses
our DSL link for anything else. Worse, even when she stops
it continues to run in the background. Also, it apparently
advertises so we get incoming connect requests. These are
blocked by the router but they still act like a denial
of service attack.

Does anyone have a way to live with this? (Short of removing
it entirely)

Richard Harke