2008 Jul 02 12:16

Re: [vox-tech] postgrey is dangerous? spam is SPAM?

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 09:31:50AM -0700, Bryan Richter wrote:
>    Hi everyone, I have a question that is almost entirely but not
>    completely unrelated:
>    Spam isn't an acronym, is it? Isn't the proper spelling "spam"?

Quoted from "How Personal and Internet Security Works" by Preston
Gralla, 2006.

  The term spam comes from a Monty Python skit in which every item on the
  menu contains Spam luncheon meat. It originally used to refer to
  unsolicited postings for commercial products or services on Usenet,
  especially when they were cross-posted to several newsgroups.

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/