2008 Jun 23 00:06

[vox-tech] Possible for future installfest

[vox-tech] Possible for future installfest

Hello:

	At the last regular meeting it was suggested we try to
	get more people to show to the install fest by not only
	helping with installs but also having a topic we cover
	which might help others learn about Linux.

	One of the common issues which always come up is the
	desire to connect a Linux system to the home network
	and be able to share files with Microsoft systems.
	Therefore I suggest we use the topic of how to share
	and copy files. This can include Samba, SCP, NTFS-3G
	and FTP.

	I have never done anything with Samba myself so for
	me this would also be a learning experience. I have used
	SCP and FT{ and have mounted local drive via NTFS and VFAT.

	Another idea might be how to use a Linux system to scan a
	Microsoft disk for viruses using clamav.

							Tony