2008 Jan 16 17:38

Re: [vox-tech] collaborative data storage (of excel files)

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 05:16:05 pm Bryan Richter wrote:
> On Jan 16, 2008 4:52 PM, Dylan Beaudette <dylan.beaudette@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like the ideas. I reality these guys should be using a database, with
> > several tables. They are accumulating data and pairs of sensor values -
> > standards. It would be extremely useful, and a lot of fun to program, a
> > data collection system where you could input data and standards- with
> > everything tied together by common ids... This would allow both raw data
> > and standards to be coherently stored in a highly structured format.  Any
> > compsci students looking for a project?
>
> Any student who *is* interested can probably get school credit for it
> through ECS 99/199. Talk to your favorite CS professor for more info.
>
> (This sounds totally awesome and I wish I was a student with the free
> time to do it. Hell, I might do it anyway if you don't get any
> bites...)
>
> -Bryan
> aka chreekat

Thanks for the support Brian. If you find anyone who is interested just let me
know. As a follow-up, it would be great to develop some tools for storing
this type of data in an XML container for transportability etc.

Cheers,

--
Dylan Beaudette
Soil Resource Laboratory