2008 Jan 06 21:47

Re: [vox-tech] Minor Browser Font Problem

Re: [vox-tech] Minor Browser Font Problem

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:57:35 -0800
Bob Scofield <scofield@omsoft.com> wrote:

> I did something stupid.  I had Debian's home directory on a parition
> "/home". I then installed Kubuntu, and had it's home partition on
> "/home".  Well as some of you know, that causes problems.  (I've
> re-installed Kubuntu with the home directory on the same patition as
> the root directory.)
>
> Hooking Kubuntu to "/home" caused several problems for the Debian KDE
> desktop. I have solved all of those problems but one.  The URL's that
> appear in my browser, "Ice Weasel" (Firefox), appear in a very small
> font.  And other Ice Weasel fonts appear small.  Some I can change,
> but not the fonts in the URL box.
>
> I can find nothing in Ice Weasel, or KDE that changes the size of the
> font in the URL box.  Does anyone know of a way I can enlarge the
> font there.  (BTW, the font in the URL box in Konqueror is fine.)

In KDE, go to the fonts control panel, and select a value under "Force
Fonts DPI". Alternatively, in Gnome, go to the Appearence Preference
control panel, hit "Fonts" and then "Details..." and change the
resolution (DPI). Failing those, you may need to edit IceWeasel's
chrome (it's CSS).

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/