2008 Jan 06 20:34

Re: [vox-tech] Access change, possible virus problem

Re: [vox-tech] Access change, possible virus problem

Thanks to Jeff and Ken for your help. I fixed the problem with
chmod 770 mydata
and the same for the one subdirectory with the same problem.

I wonder if mydata's permission was changed during the Windows update last week. I have Windows' "My Documents" folder pointing to mydata. (Windows and Linux share the Data partition.)

One other oddity came up: the list of groups in Ubuntu's user/group management window skips from root (0) to users (100). At 46, plugdev wasn't on the list. From a terminal window, I get the following entry for plugdev in /etc/group:

plugdev:x:46:haldaemon,steve

Since I was already a member of the group, I didn't need to do anything here.

Thanks again,
Steve

Ken Bloom wrote:
On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:51:28 -0800