Re: [vox-tech] Sandisk sansa view review (from a linux perspective)

On Dec 20, 2007 2:32 AM, Bill Broadley <bill@cse.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> > I'm partial to the iAudio stuff from Cowan, in large part because they're
>
> How does the Cowan interact with linux?  Via libmtp?

No.

> Just as a storage device?

Yes.

> Do the artist/album tags work?

Yes.

> Can you rate music on the cowan
> and sync it back to you library?

No.

> Playlists?  Album art?

Yes.

I can tell you that the Cowon iAudio players beat the Sandisk players
(and most other players, including iPods) hands-down in terms of sound
quality, plus many of them support FLAC (X5, U3, I7).  I'd recommend
the I7 and Sony MDR-EX90LP headphones.

-David