Re: [vox-tech] Sandisk sansa view review (from a linux perspective)

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 01:43:23AM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:

> IMO, it's hard to do better for 16GB and $175 if you want it to work
> (relatively) easily with linux.  Certainly speak up if you know of
> something.

I remain shy of Sandisk stuff due to some consistently bad experiences
with various flash media.

I'm partial to the iAudio stuff from Cowan, in large part because they're
openly supportive of "alternative" OS's.  You can flash their firmware
simply by copying it to the root directory of the device.  But their 16GB
product is currently more like $250.  The pros/cons are similar: sturdy
with a decent UI and GUI; flexible media organization; nice, but small
screen; but no way to encode video on Linux.  They do include some *very*
nice-sounding earbuds (easily better than the other half dozen cheap and
mid-range sets I have lying around).

But... I recently got mine tangled and destroyed on my seatpost so I'm
looking for a replacement set.  Any suggestions for nice-sounding earbuds
suitable for wear during aggressive trail riding?

-t