Re: [vox-tech] keyboard is frozen when starting,but working after the OS is fully started

On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 11:00:40PM -0500, Hai Yi wrote:
> I have installed ubuntu in a computer which had Windows XP installed. It
> seems that I successfully have both OS co-existed, 'cause I see the menu
> list when I restart the computer. But here is the problem, even though I see
> both ubuntu and Windows on the menu, I couldn't use the arrow key to move up
> or down, or any key, the keyboard just freezes.

Is it a USB keyboard?  A quick Google search brought up this:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/159920

Though hopefully you merely need to go into your BIOS and enable
"Legacy USB Keyboard Support", or some-such.

Good luck!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/