Re: [vox-tech] Setting foreground window from command line

Re: [vox-tech] Setting foreground window from command line

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Troy Arnold wrote:

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 02:54:58PM -0800, Chris Jenks wrote:
  Hello,

  I'm looking for a way to cause a specific window to move to the
foreground when a shell script is run. My googling is returning very
little signal to noise! I'm running pretty much stock Gutsy ubuntu. Any
pointers?
Check out wmctrl.  What you want might be as simple as:
wmctrl -R Firefox
My God! It really was that simple, a 21KB package! Thank you very much!

- Chris