2007 Nov 13 10:32

[vox-tech] Re: Digital Arts & Crafts Studio (USB tablet/etc. forkids); help getting it to work under Linux

[vox-tech] Re: Digital Arts & Crafts Studio (USB tablet/etc. forkids); help getting it to work under Linux

So the libhid folks suggested, based on how simple the device's Usage tree was,
that using libusb directly would be simpler.  Unfortunately, no luck so far.

I can connect to it (though with libusb, I haven't convinced the kernel to
detatch from the device, like libhid was doing for me -- currently, I need
to first run 'libhid-detatch-device' or somesuch, until I reboot or
unplug/plugin the tablet).  I haven't figured out how to read data from it,
in either interrupt, bulk or control modes. :^(

I'll be on #tux4kids IRC channel on irc.freenode.net tomorrow morning
(11/8) from ~7:15am until ~10am (my Amtrak ride :^) ), with the device,
and probably some time to try and debug, if anyone wants to help! :)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/