2007 Nov 04 07:25

Re: Re: [vox-tech] Gimp and batch processing tga to whathaveyou

Perfect! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Nice light and does what I want. And I can use it under windows. And heck, I don't haev to convert to view.

I have a game called team fortress 2in which it uses tga format for snapshots. I use it under windows. Don't shoot me but I am a gamer and find it hard to get games to port over to linux.

Thanx Nick, Bill and Alex and Troy for the help.

Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Kendrick" <nbs@sonic.net>
To: "LUGOD Tech" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2007 5:46 PM
Subject: Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] Gimp and batch processing tga to whathaveyou

Nick posted from an unsubscribed address again. :) Fwd'ing on his behalf:

----- Forwarded message from vox-tech-bounces@lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 11:52:09 -0700
From: nick@bayworld.net (Nick Schmalenberger)
To: lugod's technical discussion forum <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 09:54:19AM -0700, Jimbo wrote:
I used gimp to open tga files. Using the gui interface I find the files
then using cntl+a I selected all files then hit open which it did. Is
there a way to convert these tga in basically the same way? I don't want
to use any scripting if I can avoid it. I can convert one at a time but it
is a real pain when I have over 50 files.

The program you want is Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/
Unfortunately, it is not available for linux, although people use it
with wine. This thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=3690542
discusses some of the options. Supposedly xv may be the closest thing:
http://www.trilon.com/xv/ but its not free and hasn't been updated since
the 90s except by source patches. Irfanview is free and does exactly
what you want very well, so if you are willing to use Wine or Windows
give it a shot. Hope this helps.
Nick

----- End forwarded message -----

bill@newbreedsoftware.com