2007 Oct 28 22:07

Re: [vox-tech] Re: lynx and Google

Hmm, replaced lynx with lynx-cur, won't run at all. I get:

lynx: Can't access startfile http://www.hsd1.pa.comcast.net/

and it won't let me attempt to do anything. bizarre.
-Carl

David T. Harris wrote:
--- Carl Boettiger <cboettig@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmm, I wonder why that is. I have this problem on
every clean ubuntu distribution i've installed where lynx cannot get to
google. links worked fine, but I'm not sure that I prefer it over
lynx. I get this problem on the uc davis math servers too with lynx,
and my rudimentary internet searches seem to indicate others have this
problem, but so far no idea how to fix it for lynx. Any ideas how to
troubleshoot this?
-Carl

Not sure offhand how to troubleshoot this. I have the
same problem with the 'lynx' package in ubuntu, here
in MN. Yet, I just sudo apt-get installed lynx-cur (a
developement version of lynx) and that works fine at
reaching google.