2007 Oct 19 12:04

Re: [vox-tech] Copying data from Windows share to Linux server *with*original date stamps and permissions

Re: [vox-tech] Copying data from Windows share to Linux server *with*original date stamps and permissions

RB> - Batch transfer multiple files & directories from a windows (server
RB> 2000) machine onto a Linux machine

Are you doing this whole thing for backup purposes or synchronizing?

If backups, consider looking at "bacula" to do backups which allows a
linux box to backup a windows box.  I'm using that to back up a local
windows machine here to a linux filesystem.  But it's not what you want
if you want a synchronized set as what you get in the backup volumes
are file volumes (multiple remote files in a big backup-file).