2007 Sep 17 17:00

Re: [vox-tech] How safe is this upgrade?

Re: [vox-tech] How safe is this upgrade?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, Rod Roark wrote:
An associate of mine has this Debian server in a hosting facility
that's been running for about two years, and would like to do a
dist-upgrade.  Does anyone see any reason that this might screw things
up?  I'm a bit concerned about the large number of changes that will
be applied.
What is he using for email? Ive made it thru 2 complete dist upgrades on my Debian server and the thing that bugged me the most was the shift thru sendmail, then exim, now postfix.

The "ps ax" of the system is very confusing but things pretty much works.

Also how does he have his domains setup? In a single large httpd.conf file? That CAN work under the new setup but it doesnt like it.

I highly recommend that you compress and store all of the config files such as all of /etc to someplace so that you can refer back to them.

Gandalf Parker