2007 Sep 16 11:06

Re: [vox-tech] vnc and mac

I figured it out. What I was doing wrong was that I had the port forwarding pointing at the wrong internal ip address. Once I changed the router settings I was immediately asked for a password. Sorry for taking up bandwidth.

Wade Pinkston wrote:
I am having truble getting a vnc connection to my dads mac in TX. While I have used vnc inside my home network with out problems that has all been from linux to win.

I walked them thought turning on Apple Remote Desktop and I loged into there router and set the port forwarding for port 5900. I also had them use the realvnc conection test page www.realvnc.com/cgi-bin/nettest.cgi This test was successfull. So I guess the problem I am having is getting my linux (centos 4) to connect. I am tried using krdc, tightvnc, and vnc (realvnc) the only one I get anything out of is krdc and it says that the connection was interrupted.

Does anybody have any suggestions or know a good howto for linux to mac 10.4?