2007 Sep 14 08:09

[vox-tech] Fwd: Install Issues

Pat send this before successfully subscribing to the list.
Fwd'ing it along for him.

Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:05:46 -0700
From: Pat <drummerpat@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Install Issues
To: vox-tech@lists.lugod.org

Hey Lugod,

I am new to Linux and after experiencing it in the computer labs in
Kemper Hall on campus decided to give it a shot at home on my AMD Athlon
64 Bit Dual Core machine. I have now tried Mandriva Spring 2007 (DVD),
Mandriva 2007 (CD), Fedora 7(DVD), and after a suggestion in your IRC
channel I downloaded Knoppix to see if that would work. Every single one
of these distributions gets me to the screen where I tell it to start
the install (or to start Linux in Knoppix's case) and when I tell it to
begin it loads a few files and then freezes. Any suggestions on why this
might be and how to work around it? Thanks in advance for anything you
guys can do.

--Pat Quest

----- End forwarded message -----