2007 Jul 26 18:05

Re: [vox-tech] sidewaystable

På 2007-07-26, skrev Julie.Glasscock@csiro.au:

> Dear All,
>
> I was wondering whether anyone knows how to fix the table numbering when
> using the "sidewaystable" environment? In the text, the references are
> all the same and indexed by the chapter e.g. Table 1.1, Table 1.1, Table
> 1.1 (in Chapter 1.1) instead of Table 1.1.1, Table 1.1.2, Table 1.1.3
> etc. The table numbers in the captions are different again. The table
> numbering when using the "table" or "tabular" environments is OK.
> Example code is shown below. Many thanks in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julie
>
> %-----------------------------------
> \begin{sidewaystable}[h]
> \begin{footnotesize}
> \begin{tabular}{p{3.5cm}p{3.5cm}p{3.5cm}p{3.5cm}p{3.5cm}}
> A & B & C & D & E\\
> F & G & H & I & J\\
> \end{tabular}
> \end{footnotesize}
> \label{label}
> \caption{Caption}
> \end{sidewaystable}

This problem is actually not with the sidewaystable environment
specifically --- you will get the section number instead of the table
number if you use plain table too.

The solution is to make the \label the very last line before
\end{sidewaystable}. Don't ask me why, but it doesn't work any other
way. Bad design? Probably.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13