2007 Jun 29 10:12

[vox-tech] Raid Question

So, I'm looking at some new hard drives to increase my storage capacity and I'm having trouble deciding if I should raid 1 or not.
Basically my options for the price are 2x250GB Sata hardware raid or a single 400 or 500 GB. It's seems fairly straightforward to setup hardware raids, and I've done it before with linux are there any gotchas anyone can think of or any disadvantages to what I'm thinking. With 2 drives I'll still have 1 Sata port open on my Mobo for something else later. For that matter should I worry that much, and just get a single big drive. At this point the basic issue is that my digital photography and digital music are competing for what space I have left and I don't have a backup of either.

Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Alex