2007 Jun 28 16:01

Re: [vox-tech] debian confusion

On 06/28/2007 01:04:07 PM, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had a rather well functioning install of debian testing on a
> laptop.
> After
> doing a recent aptitude upgrade I am faced with a rather bizzare
> situation:
>
> debianutils_2.19.i386 cannot be installed because it replaces things
> provided
> by the package 'passwd' . This seems to be a bug- but there is little
> online
> as to how to fix it.
>
> my apt sources point to 'testing' and my debian_version file
> says 'lenny/sid' ???
>
> any tips on fixing this old beast?
>
> cheers,

The two bug reports relating to this issue
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=428633 and
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=428008) suggest to me
that you either don't keep your distribution updated very well, or
you're upgrading from pre-etch to lenny without hitting etch in
between.

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/