2007 Jun 21 21:49

Re: [vox-tech] Installing Firefox in Kubuntu

Bruce Wolk wrote:
> I'm a long time Gentoo user who is experimenting with Kubuntu 7.04 on an
>  old Althon-XP box.  The system installed without a glitch, but I can't
> seem to install additional software.  The add/remove facility shows
> Firefox in the list, but it is greyed out and I have found no way to
> ungrey it.  I tried using apt-get install firefox via the command line,
> but this gives a "Package firefox is not available" error.  Googling
> hasn't helped.  Any suggestions?
>
> Bruce

Firefox is installed by default. If you don't see an icon on the Kde bar
at the bottom try opening a terminal and running firefox.

If for some odd reason you're running an odd duck version, try turning
on the additional repositories which involves uncommenting some lines in
/etc/apt/sources.list
Note you'll need an internet connection on the box to use them.

Otherwise this handy page usually answers/solves the basics
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Feisty

Alex