January 6: Social gathering
2007 Jun 11 12:02

Re: [vox-tech] sound cards

Henry House wrote:
På 2007-06-09, skrev Jimbo:

Greetings:
Is it possible to use 2 different outputs from one sound card? Using 2 different programs?

Example:
I am playing music files at a party with amarok but I also want to have a looping mp3 file from another set of speakers using KsCd.
Absolutely. This is called sound mixing and can be provided either by a
hardware mixer, or a software mixer. Typically you will achieve this
using a sound server (such as esd or the KDE sound server). More complex
solutions involve a programmable mixer such as jack.