2007 Jun 13 23:34

Re: [vox-tech] Spanish accents

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 12:15:51PM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to produce Spanish accents in Vim and FireFox?

The "us-intl" keymap has dead-keys support on US keyboards layout. So you
would type ' key (it will do nothing) and then the a/e/i/o/u, to get the
accented vocal. Same with the tilde ~ and n, for the ñ. A ~ and space,
or ' and space, get you the single ~, ' symbols.

Works also for " to get a ü, ` and ^, to get other non-us chars.

--
Martín R. Dapás