2007 Jun 11 11:05

Re: [vox-tech] sound cards

På 2007-06-09, skrev Jimbo:
> Greetings:
> Is it possible to use 2 different outputs from one sound card?  Using 2
> different programs?
>
> Example:
> I am playing music files at a party with amarok but I also want to have
> a looping mp3 file from another set of speakers using KsCd.

Absolutely. This is called sound mixing and can be provided either by a
hardware mixer, or a software mixer. Typically you will achieve this
using a sound server (such as esd or the KDE sound server). More complex
solutions involve a programmable mixer such as jack.

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13