2007 May 30 15:18

Re: [vox-tech] Monitor Recommendation?

On Wed, 30 May 2007, Bob Scofield wrote:

It seems like Sony had a great reputation for CRT monitors when I bought this
one around 2001.  But we're seeing monitor reviews without Sony even being
mentioned.  So I don't know what's going on.

Can anyone recommend a good flat screen monitor?  She wants a 17 inch monitor.

My Sony CRT finally started to give up the ghost this winter, so I replaced it with a Viewsonic VX2035wm. The only issue I've had with the Viewsonic is finding a font large enough to read comfortably on it. Well, that and when the cats go running by the desk, I fear they'll knock it over since it's so much lighter than a CRT.

I'd also look at other retailers than Dell for the monitor. You'll likely find better deals. For example, NewEgg.com often has free shipping deals and their list prices are generally lower than Dell's.