2007 May 30 15:05

Re: [vox-tech] Monitor Recommendation?

Dell's monitors seem nice to me (though they're various brands with the Dell logo on them). If you're buying the computer from Dell, maybe it makes sense just to get one of theirs from the perspective of a bundle discount.

I can second the Samsung recommendation. We have a 6 year old 17" LCD of theirs that still looks great.

The ViewSonic 19" widescreen LCD I picked up last fall/winter looks great and has given us no problems either.

I had a good experience with a CTX CRT that worked well for years (gave it away recently).

I've had problems with both of the Princeton Graphics CRTs I've owned within 1 year of purchase, so I avoid them now (though maybe they're better with LCDs - don't know, not willing to risk it).

Joshua Morris wrote:
Hi Bob, we have had great luck with Samsung on there flat panel tft displays. we have the syncmaster 906bw and the prices are not bad for the quality of the display. but i made the assumption you where talking about flat panel monitors and not large CRTs