2007 Apr 30 21:22

[vox-tech] Re: [vox-tech fix] white screen

I loaded up the gui login screen and I saw that I had the option of changing the desktop environment (kde, etc) and saw a drak3d option. I clicked on it and it automagically came up with the window to choose 3d environment or not.

Done deal

Btw, I am using pclinuxos ver. T4 in which it has beryl and compiz packaged.

Jimbo

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jimbo" <evesautomotive@charter.net>
To: "lugod's technical discussion forum" <vox-tech@lists.lugod.org>
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:57 AM
Subject: [vox-tech] white screen

Greetings:
Had my linux installed at the installfest. Worked great at the time. 3d acceleration was rightchous.

I now have a new problem in which I cannot go to my desktop environment-just a white screen. It doesn give me a cursor in which can be moved: changes to a pointed hand-link hand-when placed at certain areas of the screen. I guess this means that the mechanics are inplemented but everything is a wash.

Grub does its thing, loads my os, then gives me a user screen as usual. When I try to log in as any user, including root, I wind up with a white screen.

I might be able to muddle thru and go to the x files (funny-used to watch this show a lot), and change a few options but this is very challenging for my given my lvl of expertise.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jimbo