January 6: Social gathering
2007 Apr 27 10:29

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Not sure how ubuntu does its initscripts, but on my boxes (running Mandriva)
there is a script, /etc/init.d/numlock, that toggles this.  By default this
script is run whenever I boot into runlevels 2, 3, or 4, I think.  I don't
like this behavior and so turned it off.  Try this:

$ man chkconfig
$ ls /etc/init.d/
$ sudo chkconfig --list numlock

To turn it off I did

$ sudo chkconfig numlock off

If I'm on the right track you could turn it on in a similar way.  Hope this
helps.

Aaron

--
Aaron A. King, Ph.D.