2007 Apr 27 22:55

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Tim Coddington wrote:
In the GUI, I see system\preferences and system\administration that look
promissing for desktop environment adjustements. Is this were I get to the
desktop environment of which you speak, or is it by going in through the
terminal?

Signed,
Nick Newby

Jonathan spoke of KDE... you mention Ubuntu, not Kubuntu, so while I
suppose you could have loaded KDE you are more likely using the default
Gnome GUI environment.  I don't use Gnome... but I am pretty good at
typing things like "gnome numlock setting" into Google and finding
web pages like http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/kdegnome. Part of
not being a newbie is knowing what you are using... while I don't
particularly like the concatenated term "GNU/Linux" it does highlight
the fact that "Linux" is really a grouping of a lot of different
pieces of software, and through them you have relationships with
many different programmers and their foibles. Respect them individually
and you will be more effective at formulating questions and posing
them to the appropriate forum.  [*]

[*] Not meaning to imply that your question was in the wrong forum,
but sometimes asking even the right question but in the wrong place
can lead to a deafening silence or even complaints.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Stickel" <jjstickel1@sbcglobal.net>