2007 Apr 26 22:04

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

Re: [vox-tech] Num lock key never locked

You might look around for settings in your desktop environment. In KDE's control center you can choose the num lock to be 'on', 'off', or 'unchanged' when logging in.

Jonathan

Tim Coddington wrote:
On my new 'puter, E4300 Intel CPU, 2Gb, SATAII, AsRock ConRoe945G-DVD
motherboard (Yea, I can help burn DVD's if I get my burner working).

newly loaded with Ubuntu 6.1

It would be nice to make the num-lock key come up in a locked state so the
keypad would be useful to enter numbers on right away.  I go into the BIOS
setup utility and alter the value that I think should accomplish this, but
each time boot is complete, the num-lock is off.  Does Linux have
something that toggles it off, thus overriding BIOS initial setup when it
boots?