2007 Apr 23 18:08

[vox-tech] postgres: run function on each row returned from selectstatement

[vox-tech] postgres: run function on each row returned from selectstatement

Hi everyone,

this may be a simple question, but I cannot seem to figure it out:

Is there any way to run a function, which expects a single value as an
argument, for each row returned from a select statement? Note that this is a
special function, used in the following way:

SELECT sum(length(the_geom )) as dist_meters
FROM
shortest_path_as_geometry('roads', 2192, 154) ;

In the above example the function "shortest_path_as_geometry" expects three
arguments... Is there any way to feed a function like this its arguments from
column returned from a previous select statement? Or, would this function
have to be re-written to allow for this flexibility?

thanks in advance,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis