2007 Apr 23 18:08

[vox-tech] Sound failure in Feisty on IBM Thinkpad X41 tablet PC

[vox-tech] Sound failure in Feisty on IBM Thinkpad X41 tablet PC

Apparently the 1.0.13 version of the ALSA drivers have a bug that
causes sound to silently fail (no pun intended... or is it?! >:^) )

Sound used to work in Linux Kernel 2.6.17 on Edgy Eft, but in Feisty,
which I believe comes with 2.6.20, it fails.
It seems like ("sounds like"? har!) an ALSA 1.0.14 release candidate has
fixed this.

In the meantime, I'm just telling Melissa to choose an older kernel when
she boots up, if she wants sound. *sigh*

BTW, Google is your friend, if you're curious for details, and the latest
status.

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/