2007 Apr 23 16:50

[vox-tech] X rotation (randr) stops working; fixed in Feisty

[vox-tech] X rotation (randr) stops working; fixed in Feisty

FYI, back when Melissa's X41 was running Edgy Eft, it would suddenly
stop rotating after coming back from a suspend or hibernate.

(xrandr, which was called by an ACPI script when the LCD screen was
swiveled between laptop and tablet form factors, would silently fail).

Apparnetly, there was a bug in the Xorg server's "randr" module
(something to do with a timestamp comparison that compared
"month + miliseconds" versus "miliseconds only" which caused a routine
to return without doing anything).

Anyway, I'm happy to report that after upgrading to Feisty, it seems
this bug has gone away.  However, see my next post about sound.  D'oh!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/