2007 Apr 11 19:08

[vox-tech] USB drivers

Hi

Any experts in talking with USB devices?

After enumerating the device, I try sending a usb control msg to the device and get a broken pipe error. The USB device is a custom Hagstrom keyboard chip that is configured as a generic HID. here is the enumerated data

T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 4 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=04b4 ProdID=0202 Rev= 1.01
S: Manufacturer=LFS Technologies
S: Product=LFS Technologies HID
S: SerialNumber=?
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr= 52mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 6 Ivl=10ms

and here is some output from a short test program with some debugging output. The device is found, a handle created, and a short usb_control_msg sent. packet bytes are shown in the next to last line, the chip should respond with a three byte packet

rampart:/home/castle/src/Demo/Source/Static# ./test
usb_os_init: Found USB VFS at /proc/bus/usb
lfs> Looking for the lfs
lfs> bus/device idVendor/idProduct
lfs> 004/001 0000/0000
lfs> 003/004 04B4/0202 * Device ID of devices 1
lfs> 003/001 0000/0000
lfs> 002/003 0FC5/1222
lfs> 002/002 045E/0083
lfs> 002/001 0000/0000
lfs> 001/001 0000/0000
lfs> Interface Number 0
lfs> Set Configuration 1
lfs> Claim Interface 0
lfs> Set Alternative Interface 0
LFStech> USB_CMD( 21 9 100 0 300 )
lfs> ### USB Error (usb_control_msg): error sending control message: Broken pipe

if anyone thinks they might be able to help, I'll be happy to send along the source code.

I've discussed the problem with the folks at Hagstrom and they are looking into it, but it is mostly MS windows and they're not all that familiar with how linux does all the internal usb stuff; neither am I for that matter

Thanks
John W.