2007 Apr 05 15:51

Re: [vox-tech] Shutting off tap-to-click on a Sony Vaio VGN-N270Elaptop running Ubuntu Edgy

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 18:59, Issac Trotts wrote:
> Ubuntu mostly works great on this laptop, except that wireless access
> required writing a script and by default the tap-to-click misfeature
> is enabled.  Wireless is working fine now, but I haven't yet figured
> how to remove tap-to-click.
>
> The touchpad is an ALPS GlidePoint
> (http://www.alps.co.jp/index_e.htm), or at least that's what I gather
> from inserting some printk's into the mouse driver and running dmesg.
>  This is confirmed by cat /proc/bus/input/devices, which says among
> other things

I think it's a matter of getting the right driver for the right device.

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2005/11/15/fixing-my-alps-touchpad-with-the-synaptics-driver/

also have a look at the xorg.conf files for my laptop available from
http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/Compaq_Presario_v2310us

--Ken

http://www.iit.edu/~kbloom1/