2007 Apr 02 17:34

Re: [vox-tech] Re: wireless wonders

Norm Matloff wrote:
It is my understanding that kernels 2.6.15 or newer do include drivers
for Broadcom cards, at least the 43XX series.
Do we have to install firmware, in addition to modprobing whatever version of the bcm43xx driver has already been included with the distro's kernel? I'd tried to use the included kernel module from both OpenSuse and Deb Testing - neither worked. (Something to explore on the web once I'm out of work today)
The ndisrapper'ed windows kernel worked as of Saturday. It's still working today -- in that I can scan access points, and can see the two access points in my range. I just can't (it seems) force the settings into place to get into the AP.