2007 Mar 29 21:17

[vox-tech] rsync filters

Hello, I'm trying to write a rsync filters file so system files will not be deleted from my ipod but I keep getting this error.

invalid modifier sequence at 'i' in filter rule: .ipodsycfilter
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at exclude.c(777) [client=2.6.9]

the line of interest in my rsync script is as follows

$RSYNC -av --modify-window=2 --delete --filter=".ipodsycfilter" $MUS/ $IPOD/

here is what I have in the .ipodsycfilter file.

- *.exe
- video/
- rP .rockbox

I've read though the rsync man page but there aren't any good examples of a filter page nor the protect modifier "P"

Is anybody familiar enough with rsync to help point me in the right direction or at least point out my errors?

--
Wade Pinkston

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Windows,a
32 bit graphical interface for a
16 bit patch to an
8 bit operating system internally coded for a
4 bit processor written by a
2 bit company that can't stand
1 bit of competition