2007 Mar 23 09:31

[vox-tech] Suse Repositories

Now for my blundering of the day...
I've got Suse 10 Enterprise installed (I'm pretty sure it's 10, I dont' think any of the point releases are on the enterprise site)
Finally got VMware to bridge out, turns out I had to lock it to a specific ethernet card on the host, cause it had 2 and then disable ipv6 in Suse on the vm install.

But now I'm a bit stuck, I'm trying to find all the software I need and things are just not in the package manager. More specifically I can't seem to find g++ and it didn't install with gcc.
Can someone tell me how the Suse repo system works, I can't seem to make sense of the options out there and what they have.
Also supposedly apt comes with Suse 10, but that's not on the DVD or default repos either.

I tried an rpm I found called install-apt4suse but it gave some goofy error.

Help,
Alex

PS: I'm not changing distros, the whole point is to learn this mess so I can teach the IT dept at my work, and so they'll let me start a server soon. And yes they're sold on Suse, they already run Novell and have no plans to change that.