2007 Mar 21 17:55

Re: [vox-tech] OpenOffice - moving a table

Re: [vox-tech] OpenOffice - moving a table

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
A macro has placed a table at the top of the page. There appears to be
space below the table. Here's what the page looks like:

+------------+
| +--------+ |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| +--------+ |
| |
| |
+------------+

I want to stick text above the table. However, I can't seem to position the
cursor "above" the table to insert text. The table doesn't want to seem to
move, like it's anchored at the very top of the page (modulo the margin
which you can't use anyhow).

How do I move this table to make room for text above it?

Also, there appears to be a blank second page. Nothing actually appears to
be on the page, so there's nothing for me to delete in order to remove the
page. Any ideas on how to remove the second page?

Even though the table doesn't extend to the bottom of page 1, I'm wondering
if these two problems are related?

It's so odd that I feel more proficient at LaTeX than I do a simple word
processor... :-(

Thanks,
Pete

Ok, I'll be honest I hack rather than figuring out whats wrong.
Try, highlighting the table and doing a cut(ctrl-x) type at least 1 char and then paste the table back(ctrl-v).
As for the odd second page, if it still exists after the stuff above, try moving the cursor to the end of the 1st page, wherever it thinks that is and use the delete key(not backspace).

Alex