2007 Mar 20 21:17

Re: [vox-tech] How to tell if a pdf is text or image?

Re: [vox-tech] How to tell if a pdf is text or image?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Alex Mandel wrote:

Anyone know a way to tap into a pdf programmatically to tell if it contains text vs was scanned as an image?
ImageMagick has a great command for giving info about a format, and it pipes really well. But come to think of it....
(shelling out)
gandalf@$ man -k pdf |grep info
pdfinfo (1) - Portable Document Format (PDF) document information extractor (version 3.00)
(returned from shell)

Yeah see if you have pdfinfo on your machine.

Gandalf Parker
--
Do not use linux if you like asking a question and getting the answer on
how to do it. Use linux if you like asking a question and getting 100