2007 Mar 19 00:44

Re: [vox-tech] Open Source Appreciation Day (Was re: You are here-><- )

Re: [vox-tech] Open Source Appreciation Day (Was re: You are here-><- )

Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 07:14:15AM -0700, Gandalf Parker wrote:
IMHO its because people have forgotten how to pay for free things.
Sometimes Kudos is enough.  I seriously need to sit down and put together
a world-wide "Open Source Developer Appreciate Day" (kinda like
"Secretary's Day" or "Mother's Day").

Everyone would be encourage to send a gift (money, postcard, chocolate,
beer, chocolate beer) or just a 'thank you!' email to the developers of
their favorite OSS software.

One day, I tried to send email to as many developers I could of the
software I use on a day-to-day basis.  From Konsole to the Kernel, if
I rekall^H^H^H^Hcall.

-bill!
(whose Tux Paint is mentioned in today's "The Unofficial Apple Weblog"
and in April's "Macworld Magazine", and who got $10 via paypal from some
happy user a coupla days ago... so _I_ feel appreciated... for the moment ;) )

Thank you for Tux Paint Bill, did you see it's back on the latest OpenCD from Feb 07. That project is back on track now that Canonical(of Ubuntu fame) is managing it.

Alex