2007 Mar 18 19:35

Re: [vox-tech] You are here -><-

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Rick Moen wrote:

Quoting Troy Arnold (troy-vox@zenux.net):
No?  How about starting small, and sending half a dozen "These guys
impressed me" suggestions.  That would be a little more useful than
(paraphrasing): "Essex sux0rz.  You need to do a bunch more work."
Forgive the kids these days and slap their parents. I continually see conversations asking why there arent more free things on the net, or why did someone stop doing their free thing. IMHO its because people have forgotten how to pay for free things. They dont understand why anyone would do something for free, and so they dont understand why anyone would stop doing it. Many decent projects have fallen out and one of the most common complaints is "lack of appreciation". The only people who return to a site tend to be those who are complaining so it eventually wears down the person doing the project.

When people remember to pay for free things with some "please and thankyou" then they will see alot more free projcts getting done. Ask the "free game" complainers if they ever went back and said thank you for a free game. Or the "free site" complainers if they returned to ask for a change, was it with a please or was it more like a complaint.

Gandalf Parker
--
I sound like an old guy, because I AM an old guy.