2007 Mar 14 17:09

Re: [vox-tech] Graphics Card

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 04:30:52PM -0700, Matin Hashemi wrote:
> I don't know how many cards are in the machine! that's what I need to find
> out :-)

There are probably not more than two because only two display
controllers are listed in lspci. You should be able to tell by looking
at the back of the case. Is the video connector on the motherboard,
perpendicular to it in slots, or both?

If it is in slots, then you can open the case and look at the card, it
should have make and model. If it is on the motherboard though, it is
integrated, so read your motherboard manual if you have it. Most Intel
graphics controllers are integrated in their motherboard chipsets, so
that is probably true in your case. If there are no filled slots, then
you have no graphics cards as such, but your video controller is what
lspci, your X server log, and your motherboard manual say it is.

For OpenGL information, the glxinfo tool may also help you. When I run
it, it tells me the following among other things:
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.5.1)

Hope this helps.
Nick Schmalenberger