2007 Mar 14 15:48

Re: [vox-tech] Graphics Card

lspci didn't work, maybe because I don't have root access.

> lspci
bash: lspci: command not found

What I need is simply to "know" what graphic card is installed, I don't want to change anything or configure the machine? I need the exact version of the graphic card, e.g., NVidia G6800. or even if there is one installed or not.

On 3/14/07, Henry House <hajhouse@houseag.com > wrote:
På 2007-03-14, skrev Dylan Beaudette:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 12:54, Matin Hashemi wrote:
> > Hello everybody :-)
> >
> > How do I know what graphics card is installed in a machine? I mean, is
> > there any command to find that out?
> > I know how to do that for CPU:   > cat /proc/cpuinfo

As Dylan has already mentioned, lspci will show you your installed
PCI devices, generally including your video card.

Also your X-server log should tell you what card you are using. Of
course this will not help much if you are trying to find the identity of
your card because your X is misconfigured. (You didn't say the
circumstances of your curiosity.)

You can also try running

   X -configure

which attempts to autodetect the video card; it works on most PCI and
AGP cards.

> > Also, I need to know what version of OpenGL is installed in a linux machine
> > as well.

If it is Debian or Ubuntu:

   dpkg -l | grep gl

If it is an rpm-based distribution, such as Fedora:

   rpm --query -a | grep gl

--
Henry House
+1 530 753 3361 ext. 13